I love the gluten free registry app for finding safe restaurants to eat at while I’m traveling. During a recent search, I came across this review of a restaurant with a gluten free menu:
‘Sandwitches and deserts’ are a bit too gritty for my taste but I can recommend a super-awesome, gluten free cookie recipe! This is my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and it’s a pleaser to the non-GF crowd as well.
Recipe for Cookie Greatness (adapted from this recipe)
- 1 Egg
- 1 c. Skippy Natural Peanut Butter w/Honey
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1-2 tsp. Vanilla
- Handful of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (or your preferred brand or candy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss first five ingredients into a bowl and let your electric mixer do its thing. (Mix well.)
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Make nice big balls (a tablespoon or two), pat slightly, and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for roughly 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them so that they don’t burn (that would be a shame!).
*Caution: Cookies will be hot!